Monday, January 17, 2011

Mid-Month Goals

Submitting for the plastic camera contest at RayKo was a great accomplishment!
But I think the best way not to be disappointed if we don't win is to keep trudging forward.

Goals for Mid-January through Mid-February:

  • Find a new contest to submit to. 
                      or
  • put together a small series in an online gallery to put out there to others (10-20 images)

Goal for week of 1/17/11:

  • Spend an entire 24 hrs w/ you camera loaded, ready, and at hand. Make that a camera you haven't used in a while, and one with more than 2 controls (no Holga! or Panoramic in my case)
  • Post at least 4 pictures from this by next week


I submitted a few images to a contest through this site a few years ago, and I didn't win. I think they would be a great place to keep our eyes on. Their current contest is open to anything that "moves photography forward" (could it be more vague). Might be a good place to submit to. Call For Entry

Any thoughts?


Creepy self portrait # 5,00,489,756




















P.S. Can you take this photo seriously? I don't know that I can. 

3 comments:

  1. Really like the new goals. I will look into more photo contests.

    Also, love the have a camera on us for 24 hours. I always wish I had a camera on me. I have so many photos on my phone when I didn't have any other way to take a picture. Like today, I was babysitting a toddler and baby and we ended up on the deck sledding down the melting snow hill, with beer bottles scattered around and the toddler in a pink snow jump suit.

    And I can kind of take the photo seriously, except that I know you. But if I didn't, I would be able to.The lighting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivan, I am so glad I invited you to join our blog... this is a great start to your meaningful contributions.

    ReplyDelete