Thursday, May 26, 2011

Canada


Canada by Jordan Rose Jurich & Charley Patton Weston | Make Your Own Book

Took me well over a month, but I finally finished & printed my book for Charley. The printed version is almost perfect, but some images came out with funky colors, since I didn't realize the profile I was working in was not quite compatible with their printers (I guess your supposed to work in RGB or CMYK, and I was in Adobe 1998).
Also kind of odd that my solid grey pages came out with some vertical lines. Overall, blurb is a great site, and I am pretty stoked. What do you guys think? I'm ready to start my next one. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I think my favorite pages are the full spread panoramic shots. A book seems a perfect way to present your panoramics. Some nice landscapes in there! I really like the hand written notes too, I'd love to add that personal touch to books I make. What did Charley think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I really like the effect of having a full page panoramic, though in print, the gutter is a little disruptive. It was hard to edit this all down, since I have the travel journal, 13 pages of negatives, 1200 digital photos, and I wanted to include some maps to give it context--and I wanted it all in there. If I were to edit it down to an "art" book, it would be a bit different, (or maybe that should never happen? I dont know) But I think it works as a personal travel document. Charley was absolutely stoked and surprised! I think were both really happy to finally have something in print and tangible from that trip--it's like we can look at this and jump right back into the trip.
    The only thing that sucked is that I found 30 polaroids that we took along the way the day that I submitted and payed for it... And they are more amazing than half what I put in the book! So I think i'm gonna hand bind a small book to go along with it with just the polaroids.
    Making this definitely started the book bug for me though. I am going to make some more, I think starting with travels, and then maybe some collections of work. How many have you made now?

    ReplyDelete